Welcome to Alumni Stories..

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Letter from Mike

By: Terranya M. Tiamson

Mike at work..
"Ma'am Christy,
I am getting better every day, proud to be Filipino and STIer. When someone asks me where I graduated from, I will say STI College-Balayan. There are also STIers here in Saudi Archirodon, Ltd. Truly I can say that STI graduates are world-class. .. We speak better English than Greeks, Egyptians. I think that we are the best in Asia. I am currently deployed in King Faisal Naval Base, Jeddah, KSA. We are developing additional berths here for their battleships. I work as Systems Administrator handling Windows 2008 Server: Managing Active Directiory for user account and data management, wireless routers, switches, VPN, E-mail accounts, E-mail clients, wireless printers, network printers configured in TCP/IP or SMB, Fax Machines, all hardware repair, software tutorial. I manage all their in-house systems for stores, human resource, accounting, clinic, management, and personnel departments; Submits monthly reports, pretty much everything-a one-man IT department.
When I retire, I would like to share my knowledge and experiences in the IT field to my fellow STIers. By that time, I will be qualified to teach having learned and experienced important things that are not taught in school, have had real world experiences in the field of IT and its practical application. I will continue walking to the infinite path of excellence. Someday, I want you to be proud of me. I want you to have the confidence to say that you have molded and created somebody that can globally compete, someone that wants to be the best in the world not only in his chosen endeavor but as a person as well.
Ma'am I will never forget you. I am so thankful that you gave me a chance to change my once-wrecked life. I took care of that chance, making the best out of it. I started low in the IT hierarchy, became a Systems Administrator, now still a SysAd but abroad. From here I will take things to a higher level. I always want to get high. Hahaha! I will just do my best everyday then it is up to Bosing what He will do next to my life. Thank you for imparting important values and principles in me. You will always be a part of my life. Regards to Sir Pao.
Mano po,
Mike "

Michael M. Capacia, Mike to his friends, graduated Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Batch 2006 with Leadership Award, has indeed gone far in his career and his Alma Mater, STI College Balayan can only be proud of him especially the college President Mrs. Ellen Christy A. Dimaano who inspired and taught him many things in life.

Others who knew him may not be surprised for he has been exemplary in various extra-curricular activities and academics back in college. He was awarded Best Org President and his organization, the STI Band called the Notepad was awarded the Best Organization because the organization was able to pull off different successful activities in and outside the campus, having gigs and joining competitions. The Notepad also placed first in the Battle of the Bands’ Social Cluster competition in 2004. From these exposures his and his team’s personality has been trained to be competitive enough to apply it to the life after college. As President of the Student Council of Leaders, he spearheaded different activities in the school and outreach programs to help the community. While during his term as President in Active School Programmers, he organized programming competitions and seminars among fellow students to enhance their skills and learn things not learned inside the classrooms. Academically, he represented STI College and placed first IT Matters Academic Cluster competition in 2004.

“Always remember that life and lifestyles along with technology evolve and only those who can keep up can ride the waves of the present, so always arm your selves not with knowledge but the wisdom to use that information for the greater good. Education paired with experiences is the tool to master one's craft but keep in mind that learning does not stop in school and those who do becomes old and obsolete - the world is a big university!” Michael advised.

Mike with classmates and representatives at the Academic Cluster Competition 2003

1 comment:

  1. Anak i'm soooo proud of you. ang galing mo. madami ka mai-inspire. keep on learning and growing and loving. Love u so much. Take care always.

    love,
    Mommy Edna

    kala ko magaling na ako sa feature writing.mas magalking ka pero pareho tau our masterpiece comes from both mind and the heart.

    ReplyDelete